Your maternity photos are a great memento to look back on your beautiful, growing belly. Pregnancy is such a special time in a soon-to-be mom and dad’s life and we love capturing those moments. Here are some tips on how to prepare for your maternity photo shoot.
What to Expect
- Most of us get a little uncomfortable in front of the camera. We start off your session with some tips to help you look your best. We will help you shine!
- Plan for one to two hours. It takes a few moments to get comfortable, so we plan for a 1-2 hour session. Please arrive 15 minutes early!
- Get ready for fun! We want to capture your real smile and love getting a little silly to bring some moments to life. Whether we are using props, playing games, or telling jokes…get your smiles ready!
How to Prepare to Look Your Best
- Bring touch up essentials: foundation, blush, hairspray, hair clips, etc.
- Bring extra clothing…it’s always better to have more than you need than not enough!
- Be natural, be YOU. You’ll enjoy your photos for years to come if you remember to keep your look true to yourself. If you are getting your hair and make up done professionally, keep it simple and natural.
- Iron and hang your clothes…wrinkles don’t fade in photographs
- Avoid shorts and sleeveless shirts…large areas of skin can be distracting to the eye
- Avoid clothing with logos and large images/texts and colors that don’t match
- Girls: Avoid chipped nail polish
- Guys: Think about how you want your facial hair to look
What to Wear: Faces are our focal point of photographs, but what you wear can play a big role in how it all comes together
- Dress like yourself. Plan to wear something you would normally wear, that can represent who you are all the time, and what you feel comfortable in! You want to look back at your session and see you being YOU.
- Coordinated color palette. This might sound scary, but it’s not as difficult as it sounds. Choosing a color palette that everyone wears colors from will create a cohesive look thats still natural.
- There are many ways to choose a color palette!
- Choose 1 neutral color and 2 pop colors such as, grey, pink and navy blue
- Choose 1 color and wear different shades of that color.
- Choose 1 pop item (like a dress or shirt) and use that as a base for the color palette to choose your other colors from. There is an example of this to the right.
Most of us get professional photos done once or twice a lifetime, so make the most of your session by choosing the right outfits that can suit your every need. If you’re still unsure about what wear, bring some extra clothes and let us help you choose! Think about bringing something
- Fun and unique
Tips: Don’t forget to accessorize your outfits and add variety. Wear outfits that fit in your location (urban, natural, ect.) and bring outfits that you feel great in! Outfits that are flattering and in style will make you feel and look good.
Contact us today to schedule your Maternity Photo Shoot!